Lip shaping and volumising facts:
- The shape of the lips and the areas supporting the lips are both equally important areas to consider.
- Dermal fillers gently and accurately injected into the lips and the areas around the lips enhance the shape and size of lips.
- Volume loss of the lips occurs naturally with time. Lip fillers replace volume for youthful-looking lips.
- Lips filler injections are a delicate art. Dr Wadhera is highly experienced and skilled to help you achieve beautiful, natural-looking lips.
- It is important to have lips that fit your face appropriately. As a rule, for people with a smaller face, eyes, and nose, smaller lips may be appropriate. Over-enhancing lips in such a person could create a false or unnatural appearance.
- The bottom lip should also be larger than the top lip as a general rule, and the upper lip should protrude slightly when seen from the side.
- It is also important to avoid the ‘trout pout’ or ‘ducky lips’. Inexperienced injectors often create this look by over-injection in certain parts of the lip.
Lip enhancement using dermal fillers
Injectable lip enhancement is the procedure of strategically injecting dermal fillers into parts of the lip and surrounding lip areas to enhance, shape, even out, and add volume to the lips. It can even help surround mouth wrinkles by improving the reinforcement of the skin which makes it less prone to wrinkling. Volume loss of the lips occurs naturally with time, and replacing this lost volume can result in more youthful looking lips.
Enhancing the lips is not always about enhancing just the vermilion or red part of the lips. Filling around the lips may be just as important as filling the lips themselves. For example, correcting the fine upper lip lines, or lifting the corners of the mouth can all be just as important as enhancement of the lips themselves. Correcting one without the other can lead to an imbalance in the overall appearance of the lips.
Dr Wadhera aims to enhance lips so that they are proportional to the rest of the face, as well as the upper lip being proportional to the lower lip. His philosophy is to enhance your lips so that the result is natural, as if you were born with them like that.
Ask Dr Wadhera a question
What lip areas can be enhanced with dermal fillers?
The body of the lip is the most commonly enhanced area. This gives the lip volume and everts the inside of the lip out slightly. This is done to the top and bottom lip in most cases to achieve a natural balance and appearance between them.
The vermilion border is the junction between the white and red part of the lips and can be enhanced by injecting dermal fillers in this area. This defines the lips, similar to wearing lip liner.
Correction of vertical upper lip lines, if present, is also important in the enhancement of lips. This area is often a key area of concern for patients, and can be softened with a variety of fillers.
The oral commissures are located in the corners of the mouth, can also be filled. This area usually increases in size with age due to the effect of gravity on the cheek skin. Filling this area turns the corners of the lips upwards creating a more positive and happy appearance.
The philtrum consists of the two lines in the centre of the upper lip that connects to the nose. By enhancing this double-ridge, it is possible to give the upper lip more shape and curve, enhancing the sensuality of the lips.
The cupid’s bow, or the V shaped area in the centre of the upper lip can also be enhanced with dermal fillers. This makes the V more pronounced. Done in conjunction with the philtrum, it can achieve a pleasant overall shape to the upper lip.
Results will vary from patient to patient and do not reflect the outcome of your surgery; nor does Dr Wadhera guarantee specific results.
Dr Wadhera Consults at
Have an expert help you achieve your aesthetic goals
Dr Wadhera (M.B.B.S) has practiced medicine for over 40 years in Sydney. He is trained as a General Practitioner and in Cosmetic Medicine, specialising in aesthetic medicine and skin care surgery. Dr Wadhera is renowned for his quality of results and workmanship, as well as developing trusted relationship with clients. Dr Wadhera specialises in advanced techniques, complex cases and correctional work.